Express Assumption of Risk Associated with Ropes Course / Archery Tag/ Climbing Wall / Zip Line & Mountain Boarding
I, the above listed participant and parent/guardian if the participant is under 18, do hereby affirm and acknowledge that I have been fully informed of the inherent hazards and risks associated with Ropes Course/ Climbing Wall/ Zip Line/ Mountain Boarding and related activities, transportation of equipment related to the activities, and travelling to and from activity sites in which I am about to engage.
Inherent hazards and risks include but are not limited to:
- The hazards of depending on other people and being at various heights (ground to 40’) and the forces of nature.
- Risk of injury from the activity and equipment utilized is significant including the potential for permanent disability and death.
- Falling, causing broken bones, severe injuries to the head, neck and back which may result in severe impairment or even death.
- Loss or damage to personal property
- Psychological Damage
- My sense of balance, physical coordination, and ability to follow instructions.
I certify that I am completely healthy (both physically and emotionally) and capable of participating in this activity. However, I understand that it is solely my responsibility to determine whether there is any medical reason that I should not participate in this activity. I also state that I am not under, and will not be under the influence of any chemical substance including alcohol. I fully understand that my physical activity involves risk of injury. I also understand that my participation in this Challenge Course is entirely VOLUNTARY. I enter into this activity and take full responsibility for my decision to participate or not to participate and agree to follow all safety instructions.
*I understand the description of these risks is not complete and that unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury, illness, or death. Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement.
In consideration for being permitted to participate in any way with the Ropes Course/Climbing Wall/Zip Line / Mountain Boarding and related activities, I hereby agree, acknowledge and appreciate that:
- I HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, the following named persons or entities, herein referred to as releasees: Camp Victory Ministries, its employees, contractors, members, officers, affiliates and other agents.
- To release the releasees, their officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, and volunteers from liability and responsibility whatsoever and for any claims or causes of action that I, my estate, heirs, survivors, executors, or assigns may have for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death arising from the above activities whether caused by active or passive negligence of the releasees or otherwise. By executing this document, I agree to hold the releasees harmless and indemnify them in conjunction with any injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property that may occur as a result of engaging in the above activities.
- By entering into this Agreement, I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by the releasees, other than what is set forth in this Agreement.
- This release shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provision of this release is found to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be enforceable.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP LEGAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND I SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.