Inspiring people to trust and treasure Jesus Christ
Hello from Camp Victory, and thanks for stopping by! We are a non-affiliated Christian Summer Camp and Retreat Center nestled on 200 acres in the heart of southeastern Minnesota. We host summer camps, youth group retreats, work retreats, family reunions, school trips, and so much more. Whether you are 5 or 105 years old, we’ve got something for you here at Camp Victory!
Faith, Friends, Fun!
“Camp Victory’s mission is to inspire people to trust and treasure Jesus Christ.”
• We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (John 10:30; Matt. 3:16-17; Matt. 28:19).
• We believe in the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God breathed (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21; Matt. 5:18).
• We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and in “that blessed hope” in the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (John 1:1-3; John 1:14; Phil. 2:5-11; Matt. 1:16-25; Luke 2:7; Heb. 2:14; Heb. 1:8; Titus 2:13; John 10:30-38; Heb. 1:1-3; I Tim. 3:16; Col. 1:9).
• We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment; and that He is the supernatural agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption. We believe that He is the divine teacher who guides believers into all truth; and that is the privilege and duty of all saved to be filled with the Spirit (John 16:8-13; Rom. 8:9; Eph. 1:13-14; I John 2:20, 27; Eph. 5:18).
• We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is the separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and are sinners in thought, word and deed (Gen. 1:27; Rom. 3:1-3; Rom. 5:12; Eph. 2:1-3; Psalms 51:5; II Cor. 5:17; Acts 4:12).
• We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in him are justified on the ground of His shed blood (Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:8-9; I Cor. 1:18; John 3:16; Matt. 18:3; Acts 16:30-31).
• We believe that all who receive, by faith, The Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and only thereby become children of God. We further believe that the Christian life is exemplary of the teachings found in the New Testament (John 3:3,6,7; Acts 16:31; II Peter 1:2-10).
• We believe that Satan is a spiritual being, the author of sin and the cause of the fall; that he is the open and declared enemy of God and man; and that he shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire (Job 1:6,7; Isa. 14:12-17; Matt. 4:2-11; Matt. 25:41; Rev. 20:10).
• We believe that Heaven and Hell are real places and at the day of final judgment all who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal savior will spend eternity with Christ in Heaven and all who have rejected Him will spend eternity without Him in Hell (Gen. 1:1, 14:19, Matt. 5:10,12, John 14:2,3, I Thess. 4:16,17. Matt.18:8, 25:41, Mark 9:43, 44, II Thess. 1:8-10, Rev. 20:15).
• We believe that the Biblical model for marriage is a union between one single adult male and one single adult female and that this is the only Biblical and acceptable model for marriage. (Gen 2:23; Matt 19:4-6; Eph 5:28-33; I Pet 3:7)
• We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary sexes together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
• We believe that sexuality and the expression of sexuality, is not a right nor an entitlement nor is the expression of sexuality required for a sense of wholeness but was instituted by God for two primary reasons: (1) for the purpose of the bearing of children (Gen 1:28); and (2) for the purpose of developing union and enjoyment within the context of Biblical marriage (Gen 2:24-25) and that a Biblical marriage relationship is the only acceptable place for the expression of sexual desire and relations. (Prov 5:18-19; Matt 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-8; Eph 5:28-33)
• We believe that any deviation from the Biblical model for sexual relations solely within the context of a Biblical marriage, many of which are common or are accepted by society, are deviations from the clear teachings of the Scriptures and are to be rejected solely on the basis of the authority of the Scriptures. Some of these deviations are, but not limited to, premarital or extramarital sex or cohabitations, homosexuality, pornography, pedophilia, bestiality, transgender and incest. (Lev 18:6-19, 22; 19:29; 20:13; II Sam 13:1-14; Prov 6:26-29; Matt 5:27-28; Rom 1:26-27; I Cor 6:9; I Thess 4:3-7; I Tim 1:10; Heb 13:4)
• We believe that singleness and marriage are both equally part of God’s will and that singleness is to be considered a gift and special calling which offers unique opportunities for undivided devotion to God. Singleness is voluntary and is not required by Scriptures. Sexual expression within the context of singleness is rejected by the teachings of Scripture. (Matt 19:10-12; I Cor 7:2-8; 7:32-35; I Tim 4:1-3)
• We believe that those who lead in Camp Victory Ministries, Inc. both those who hold a ministry leadership office as well as those who minister, lead, or teach in any way within the ministry, are to be held by Scriptures to the Biblical model of sexual expression as written above under “Policy Dealing with Human Sexuality”. Any ministry leaders, ministers, ministry workers or teachers, whether paid or unpaid, who deviated from the Biblical model should be removed from their ministry position according to the Camp Victory Policy Manual, under the Staff Guidelines Section; Human Sexuality; until restoration has taken place. (I Cor 5:1-13; I Tim 3:1-13; II Tim 2:19-26; Tit 2:1-8)
• We believe that God’s grace and mercy apply to those who have fallen into sexual sin and have acknowledged, confessed and repented, and that Christ’s example and the teachings of the Scriptures dictate that the Mission has a responsibility to assist in the restoration and care of these, and for possible offspring who may have resulted from such sexual sin. (Rom 12:15; Luke 19:10; John 4:7-29; 8:2-11; Rom 6:1-4; 12:15; II Cor 2:1-8; I John 1:9)
• Our staff and facilities may serve, host, actively participate and/or perform only those weddings consistent with our aforementioned convictions on camp property.
• We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps. 139, Job 14:5, Romans 13:9)
Do you have questions about what we believe? Contact our Executive Director David Nelson
AMF Missionaries John and Ruth Larson had a dream. They started with just a few committed couples who stepped out in faith to forge a new ministry—Camp Victory. Camp was one of several ministries of a home mission organization, The American Sunday School Union (renamed the American Missionary Fellowship, “AMF”).
When Camp Victory started, the registration fee for the entire week was just seventy-five cents! Over the course of the next 70 years God tremendously blessed this outreach. Thousands of young people attended Camp Victory and hundreds received Jesus as their personal savior.
- The foundation of this organization is the Lord Jesus Christ (I Cor. 3:11), and its code of guidance in all its affairs, the Word of God. This organization does here affirm its faith in the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of the Almighty God. (Mark 13:31).
- The purpose of this organization is to provide a facility and programs where young and old alike can have a place where they can meet our Lord and Savior JesusChrist, make a personal commitment to Him and grow in their relationship to Him.
- The Core Values of the organization are:
- To know, love and honor GOD, and help others to do the same.
- To teach that the BIBLE, the WORD of GOD is God-breathed, without error, and the final authority for faith and life.
- To know and teach SALVATION by faith, through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ alone.
- To teach that PRAYER, and the determining of God’s will through it, is key to the operation of the camp and its programs.
- To put PEOPLE as central to ministry, loving them and meeting their spiritual, physical and emotional needs.
- To emphasize SPIRITUAL GROWTH, by studying God’s Word, obeying, praying, worshiping, giving, and serving God and others.
- To actively pursue MISSIONS and OUTREACH, sharing God’s love and the Gospel with unbelievers through personal relationships and ministries partnering with the Holy Spirit.
- To develop LEADERSHIP in the Body of Christ by recognizing and developing strong, biblical servant/leaders.