Chili Cook Off
March 25 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm| $5
The Twisted Saints Riding Club and Camp Victory is inviting the public for one of its annual fundraisers, the 3rd Annual Chili Feed and Chili Cook-off.
Come join us for an afternoon of food and fellowship with chili. With an Chili cook-off assortment of chilies from mild to wild; there’s surely a flavor for everyone! Rest assured we will have a mild chili to provide in generous amounts.
Why: Everyone loves to eat. Social gatherings after a long winter in hibernation bring smiles of joy to our faces. When you can eat, catch up on a long winter with friends and family and benefit a great cause at the same time, everyone wins!!!! But the best winner is benefitting the camper scholarship program at Camp Victory. We truly feel that no child should be denied the opportunity to attend summer camp based on economic insufficiency. Camp Victory wants to encourage all children to be a CV camper and experience those lifelong values and memories, friendships, and knowing the Lord.
YOU CAN make a difference in the lives of children.
When: Saturday, March 25, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Where: The Black Top Bar and Grill is located at 30 Main St. E. Elgin, MN – (507) 871-3600
Ticket Price: $5/person (includes bowl of chili and cornbread) and may be purchased at the door.
Other activities happening during the event: Silent Auction!
Chili Cook-Off Competition
Encouraging Applicants, Entries, and Cooks, Oh My! For the Chili Cook-Off
- Anyone can enter the chili cook off. We will have space available for 20 entrants
- Each contestant is asked to enter with a $100 donation (can be a donation from yourself, friends, family, business).
- To enter simply indicate your intent to Brandon Schmeichel (507-319-0832) on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/205798767005791
- You are asked to bring 1 large crockpot or roaster holding at least 2 gallons of your special chili concoction and your own serving spoon/ladle.
- The chili recipe must be the original recipe of the applicant.
- A table, small taster bowls, spoons, and napkins will be provided to each applicant.
- All chili cook off contestants must have their chili present at The Black Top Bar and Grill no later than 12:15 PM, Saturday, March 25. Judges will test the chili from 12:15 to 1:00 PM
- Chili Cook off awards will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place and a people’s choice award.
- All applicants are responsible for cleaning up their area.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Lin Gentling at Camp Victory (firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-843-2329) or Brandon Schmeichel with the Twisted Saints (Brandon.Schmeichel@charter.com, 507.513.7507)