What We Believe
Inspiring people to trust and treasure Jesus Christ
• We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (John 10:30; Matt. 3:16-17; Matt. 28:19).
• We believe in the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God breathed (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21; Matt. 5:18).
• We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and in “that blessed hope” in the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (John 1:1-3; John 1:14; Phil. 2:5-11; Matt. 1:16-25; Luke 2:7; Heb. 2:14; Heb. 1:8; Titus 2:13; John 10:30-38; Heb. 1:1-3; I Tim. 3:16; Col. 1:9).
• We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment; and that He is the supernatural agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption. We believe that He is the divine teacher who guides believers into all truth; and that is the privilege and duty of all saved to be filled with the Spirit (John 16:8-13; Rom. 8:9; Eph. 1:13-14; I John 2:20, 27; Eph. 5:18).
• We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is the separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and are sinners in thought, word and deed (Gen. 1:27; Rom. 3:1-3; Rom. 5:12; Eph. 2:1-3; Psalms 51:5; II Cor. 5:17; Acts 4:12).
• We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in him are justified on the ground of His shed blood (Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:8-9; I Cor. 1:18; John 3:16; Matt. 18:3; Acts 16:30-31).
• We believe that all who receive, by faith, The Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and only thereby become children of God. We further believe that the Christian life is exemplary of the teachings found in the New Testament (John 3:3,6,7; Acts 16:31; II Peter 1:2-10).
• We believe that Satan is a spiritual being, the author of sin and the cause of the fall; that he is the open and declared enemy of God and man; and that he shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire (Job 1:6,7; Isa. 14:12-17; Matt. 4:2-11; Matt. 25:41; Rev. 20:10).
• We believe that Heaven and Hell are real places and at the day of final judgment all who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal savior will spend eternity with Christ in Heaven and all who have rejected Him will spend eternity without Him in Hell (Gen. 1:1, 14:19, Matt. 5:10,12, John 14:2,3, I Thess. 4:16,17. Matt.18:8, 25:41, Mark 9:43, 44, II Thess. 1:8-10, Rev. 20:15).
Do you have questions about our faith statement? Contact our Executive Director David Nelson